Wednesday 6 August 2014

be thankful.

I am thankful for who I am today. I have my flaws. I am not the smarter one of my sister and I, my hair is thin, I have a persistent and recurring knee problem, I am not the best at doing what I am doing. I am a sinner, and I am still fighting sin everyday. Sometimes I manage to overcome it, but some other times I fail miserably. I have coveted for things that are not mine, I have gossiped, I have lusted. The I that I know is indeed problematic.

Yet the immeasurable riches of His grace poured out upon me. How is it possible that God, who was offended, gave Jesus as a propitiation so that I can be made right with Him. It doesn't make sense to my limited mind. Not a bit at all, none at all. I am thankful that Christ died for me because of God's love. Even though I was full of sin and not the best specimen of the human race, He called me to be His. It is the utter gratefulness and joy that brings me to me knees again and again in adoration of this beautiful Saviour.

Let this be fresh in my mind, and that it shape the way I live everyday.

No comments:

Custom Search