Monday 24 December 2012

It's like pulling off the scab and exposing the raw flesh. That's how it felt like. I wanted to know what it's like under that piece of hard skin that covers a healing wound, even though I know that it's going to be painful when I lift up this protective cover to expose what's underneath. It's bleeding again, and it hurts. It takes some courage to pull it off, and more to face the consequences. It will take time to heal, as wounds do. Even as wounds heal and do not become painful after some time, a scar remains. A scar reminds us of what we have been through, and it will ever be so clear in our minds. But, we don't just stay here and cry as the wound heals, we move on, and we grow up. No one said it would be easy. It's the journey that counts. We learn about what we want, and avoid what we do not want. I just hope that I still can have you as a friend.

O Lord, be my guide and pillar of strength.

No comments:

Custom Search