Tuesday 17 June 2014

Seven.

This blog is actually a space which charts out the way I think over the years. It's somewhat a personal space, but as with everything else on the Internet, nothing is really that personal and private. Until a few days ago, you actually would not be able to find it by running a Google search because of the settings I have made.

Why do I name this post 'Seven' and start by talking about this space? It has some significance to me, enough for a post to be titled this way. It was seven years ago in June 2007 that I received Christ as my Saviour and Lord. It has not been an easy journey given that I do not come from a Christian family and will likely to face rejection (which did really happen). Little snippets of my growth can be found on this space and in particular the way I write and think. Over the years, by God's grace, I have grown quite a fair bit in my maturity as a Christian and my mindset as a Christian student. Being able to express myself accurately (most of the time heh) and to be able read the Word is not by my own works but by God's grace alone. Being able to hear of the gospel and to receive Christ into my life was possibly the best thing that could have happened, and it is, without a hint of doubt, God's very grace. I live everyday reminding myself of who I was and am now, what Jesus Christ has done on the cross, and God's grace in having called me to be his own through his Son. Being able to speak of Him is simply pure joy.

Becoming and staying a Christian is a constant struggle, which the bible has clearly talked about. The bible did not promise a smooth sailing journey for Christians for the here and now, but it gives us good assurance of the hope that is to come because it is God's promise (and God keeps his promise)! I'd say that this struggle to keep going is not in vain, for we do have a hope in Christ if we keep going in Christ. I have grown through all these little struggles over the years, and more significantly in the last couple of years when I start reading the bible for myself and learning a lot more about God for who He is. It is a long journey of knowing God better, which I am glad that I have begun and still pressing on.

Seven years of struggles, seven years of grace. Thank You for calling me to be a child of yours, and Lord, I pray that by your mercy and grace, keep me going in Christ, till the day You return or when You call me home to be with You.


No comments:

Custom Search