Saturday 6 October 2012

Staying calm in the midst of rush for grades

It's exam day, and inevitably, people discuss about how much they have prepared for the exam and hope to beat the bell-curve, or how hard the paper was after the exam. Some talk about how badly it will reflect on their CAP, and how much more time they want to spend studying.

Where is our hope? Good grades can land you in a good paying job in the future, earn you some pride, or even friends. It is practical, I have to admit. But there is something more important in life. Grades do not earn you a place in heaven, nothing that you achieve in this world can, except for trusting in Jesus Christ. It doesn't matter if I perform badly during exams, because I know that God has good plans for me and there is something greater than I am looking forward to than a first class honours.

No comments:

Custom Search