Friday 6 August 2010

Power of Prayer

managed to find time to attend the prayer meeting today. the last one i attended was months ago.

something pastor tang shared today struck me rather deep down. i've been in the church since june 2007, attending the saturday service most of the time. indeed, the numbers have not changed much. once in a while, we do get new people who would join us. and it's really once in a long while. having them to stay for months or years would be a total blessing and definitely by God's grace. as a member of the church, it would only make sense that i help spread the word and fill up the empty spaces by bringing new friends to church. have i been doing that? hardly.

i've been thanking God for the church. and never for His grace to fill up the empty spaces.

there's one thing i always hang on to: believe in the power of prayer.
'I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!' -Psalm 116:1-2
He's always there to give me an answer or some form of guidance when i'm in need. through these few recent years, things have been smooth sailing in general. power of prayer? i believe there's some help from up there that made all these possible and i asked for it.

i have faith in prayer, in God, in the bible. but, in a way, i still don't totally believe what i'm reading and listening to every saturday. do you still consider that my faith is strong? religion is some form of refuge for me when i need to hide from reality. it gives me time to think and reflect, then carry on with life. this time changed for the better of course.

i'll still pray for what's to come for me, for strength, for you, for my family and anything i need to pray for. not all roads are straight and flat, there's always bound to be potholes and uneven ground. life's full of ups and downs, it all boils down to how we deal with it, and make the best out of the situation we're in. cherish what we enjoy now, for we never know what will happen tomorrow.

No comments:

Custom Search